AwardsRegional Marketing & Design Awards
- NW Credit Union League (Total of 25 Awards), Best Newsletter, Best Annual Report, Best Transit, Best Radio, Best Brochure Series, Best Newspaper Ad Series, Best Campaign of Single Product, Best Overall Campaign
National Marketing & Design Awards
- 2003 Best Label Design. Gold Medal Winner. BFLS Rikki Rikki.
- National Credit Union Executives Society - Total of 9 Golden Mirrors - Nordstrom & Washington Credit Union Best Campaign
International Marketing & Design Awards
- 1999 International Gallery Of Superb Printing. Silver Award. Indian Summer Golf Course. Membership Brochure.
Pacific NW Newspaper Executives Association
- Best Print Ad - Savi Superstores 1996
- Best Print Ad Series - Bernie's Bagels 1997
National Published Books & Reviewed Works
- Illustrators Annual 33 - Seal - Billboard - Art Director - Gorilla - Brochure - Art Director - Seattle Aquarium
- Best Color Brochure - Internaional Printers Society Award
Web Site Awards
- Best Restaurant Site of the Week - (Nations Restaurant News)
- Best Credit Union Site
It all began with a figment of Ron Hansen's imagination. Hansen was only 14 years old when he started drawing a comic strip called "The Small Ones." "It was basically about me," laughs Hansen. "A short guy going through life." Fast forward a few decades and it's easy to see that those seemingly impossible early accomplishments were a forecast of what happens when Hansen puts his mind -- and talents -- toward doing something he loves. He knows how to market himself -- and more importantly, he knows how to market others. Today, Hansen is the owner and president of a Seattle-area-based design company that focuses on helping others achieve success beyond their wildest dreams.
The creativity, flexibility and innovative ideas Hansen demonstrated in his early years have flourished with his career. He is a self-made man in every sense. "The community phone in the hallway of the college -- that was my office," he says with a laugh. When he later opened an office with his friend and mentor Mits Katayama, a well-known designer, he honed his graphic and illustration skills. And then Hansen was hit with a dose of reality. "I realized that most of the illustrators I knew were broke," he explains. Hansen shifted gears and began focusing his talents in the advertising and marketing industry, while still occasionally illustrating children's books. As the owner of a business, he also intuitively understands the needs of other business owners.
"I like trying to get the product into the consumer's mind," he says. "I like starting at the beginning. I like the ideas and the challenge of how I can do better than what has ever been done before." The advertising campaigns, billboards, print ads and brands he's created have garnered numerous awards, but he hasn't limited himself to those. Hansen and his wife, Setsuko, and their staff work together doing whatever it takes to make their clients successful.
Ron and his talented team have worked with over 500 corporations throughout the Northwest and across the USA for over 23 years. RHSB, Inc. has also worked all over the world including Germany, Japan, Australia and South Africa. From retail, manufacturing, service and financial industries. "I can only get you to buy it once," he explains. "It's what's inside that makes the customer come back.” At the root of Hansen's success is his deep passion for his work. "It's not boring," he explains. “I'm the luckiest man in the world.”